I have a 5in1 card reader, that supports all kind of memory sticks. This device uses multi-lun support to be able to mount more than memorystick at the same time. Unfortunately it seems that kernel compiled in SF team image, supports only single lun (lun 0). I have memorystick - that is lun1.

This is what has been written about the similiar 4in1 card reader and linux support.

"This is a great little product that works flawlessly under linux. It is seen as a usb-storage device (SCSI over USB) which makes this media reader pretty standard fair. There is, however, one catch. Your kernel must support multiple LUNs on a single SCSI device (kernel config param CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y). My daily home system runs Fedora Core 1 (Yarrow) with all the latest patches. The current kernel for Core 1 as I write this is 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl. This kernel does not support multi-LUN SCSI devices, so I only had access to the first LUN, which is the CompactFlash slot. I had to recompile the kernel from the Fedora 2188 patched source (easier said than done) before I could access all the slots (LUNs). Starting from the upper left slot going clockwise, the LUNs line up like this: 1st LUN - CompactFlash, 2nd LUN - MemoryStick, 3rd LUN - SmartMedia, 4th LUN - Secure Digital/MultiMediaCard (SD/MMC). In my system, which has no SCSI hard disks, the slots line up with the sd devices in the same clockwise fashion. CF = /dev/sda, MemStick = /dev/sdb, SmartMedia = /dev/sdc, and SD/MMC = /dev/sdd. All media I've put in so far has shown up as the first partition. My SD/MMCs mount from /dev/sdd1 and my Smart Media mounts from /dev/sdc1. All in all the thing works great. The multi-LUN SCSI support through me at first, but now that I've written this, hopefully you're go at it will be easier."

I would be very glad if new SF team image release would have been compiled with "CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y" kernel parameter.

Thanks!